Sunday, January 22, 2017
Student Daily Bulletin
Bronco Star Drawing
Patriotic Message: FDR Inaugurated for 4th Term
On this day in 1945, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, the only president to be elected to three terms in office, is inaugurated to his fourth term.
1. Cafeteria Lunch Menu: Lunch today is corn dog and cheez-its or a chicken patty. Lunch includes salad bar, seasonal fruit and your choice of milk.
2. 8th Grade Panoramic Photo: The 2017 8th Grade Panoramic Photo will be next Tuesday, January 24th during 5º. Order envelopes were delivered to all 8th grade classes during 1º. Extra order forms are available in the office. All 8th graders will take the Panoramic Photo even if you do not purchase one. – Office
3. Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser: Do you like breakfast? Do you also want to support the Bancroft music department? If so, please join us this Saturday, January 21st from 8am-1pm in the Bancroft Cafeteria for our Pancake Breakfast fundraiser! Tickets are $8 and proceeds go towards funding our upcoming Disneyland trip. To purchase tickets please contact Ms. Boutiette, Ms. Dent, Mr. Hargreaves, or any music student that is attending our trip. See you there! – Ms. B
4. Robotics Club: Our Robotics Club meets today after school in classroom S-1 from 3:05-4:00. Please bring your notebook and practice your coding. If you are a club member and can't make it please respectfully let Mr. Huey or Ms. Paplos know. Otherwise you may be dropped to make space for someone who can keep the commitment. We are playing with the motorized kits we just received, learning to program Lego robotic vehicles, coding, and building water bottle cars. – Mr. Huey
5. Bancroft Waste Program: The wait is over! We started composting! Please put your food scraps in the can that is labeled with the compost picture, it also has a green bag. You can put your recyclable items in the cans that are labeled with recyclable materials on it. Most of these cans are blue but you can also look for the can with a clear bag. Lastly, you can put juice boxes and plastic-ware in the landfill can. These cans have a landfill label and a black bag in the can. There are eight waste stations, two in the cafeteria, two in the snack bar area, and four in the patio. We will still use the tray stacking tables and food share. Please continue to take care of Bancroft and our community. Go Broncos! - Mr. Mason and the Service Learning Class.
Please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Bancroft! Go Broncos!!
Message from Dr. Rosanna Mucetti, Ed.D., Deputy Superintendent
January 18, 2017
As many of us are aware, this year’s Inauguration Day scheduled for Friday, January 20th is anticipated to evoke strong emotional responses across the country, similar to those observed in the days after the election. Despite our own political stances and views, it is critical our community pay close attention to how our youth are feeling as this political transition takes place.
In anticipation, SLUSD wanted to proactively communicate with families about our commitment to student safety and creating safe spaces where students can process the political events, and supporting our students’ voices and their first amendment rights.
Our school site staff has resources for teaching and promoting safe, inclusive activities in the classroom allowing for students to discuss the inauguration and how they might be feeling about our current political landscape. Principals have been directed to be vigilant throughout the week in supporting our students as the inauguration approaches. We remain committed to creating spaces during the school day for students to express themselves and process their reactions.
Elementary and middle school principals have been directed to ensure no students leave campus on Friday as a reaction to the inauguration events. Given the ages of elementary and middle school students, it is important that we are mindful of their safety and believe it is not developmentally appropriate for this age group to be off campus during school hours. Schools will follow absentee protocols, if parents choose to take their children out of school to participate in events with them.
San Leandro Unified School District Summer School 2017 will be held Monday- Thursday starting June 19th - July 27th at a designated San Leandro Unified School campus. Location, times and program information to come in 2017.