WELCOME TO DELAC!
What is DELAC?The DELAC (District English Learner Advisory Committee) has been established to support English Learners in SLUSD. DELAC's vision is to collaborate with the San Leandro School District to develop, implement and evaluate the academic program for all EL students.
DELAC's areas of responsibility include:
• Conducting a district-wide needs assessment on a school by school basis
• Establishment of district program, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English learners
• Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and instructional aide requirements
• Administration of the annual language census (R-30 LC Report, procedures, forms….)
• Review and comment on the district reclassification procedures
• Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians pursuant to Education Code Section 48985 and Title 5, CCR, Subchapter 4, Section 11316.
• Any waiver request affecting programs and services for English learners.
2016-17 DELAC Officers:DELAC President : Nancy Cardenas ( Madison)
DELAC Vice President: Olivia Montion (Garfield)
DELAC Secretary: Laurence Fang ( SLHS)
DELAC Parliamentarian: Roberto Sanchez (Bancroft Middle School)
SLUSD Title 3, Year 4 Plan-Presentation
Resources/Presentations for DELAC
What is the CELDT?
High Leverage CELDT Strategy: Choose and Give Reasons
High Leverage CELDT Strategy: 4 Picture Narrative
SLUSD English Learner Performance: A Review of 2011-12
What is the Consolidated Application?