New Immunization Requirements for 2016
All students must receive adequate immunizations prior to school admittance. Official verification of immunizations is required (i.e., clinic record, yellow immunization record). Dates must include specific month/day/year for each immunization.
Whooping Cough (T-dap) Immunization
of the T-dap booster (Whooping Cough) in order to enroll in school. Students will not receive their class schedules
until this has been provided.
Vision and hearing screenings are done annually in grades K, 2, 5, and 8. Hearing screening is done annually in grade 10.
Vision to Learn: A mobile eye-clinic that provides free eye exams and eyeglasses.
Contact the school nurse at 510-667-3551 or Vision to learn at 424-256-5350 or email@example.com
Internet Access to Hearing Forms and Documentswww.dhcs.ca.gov/services/hcp (select forms under County School Districts)
Medication at SchoolStudents who must take medication (prescribed or over-the-counter) at school must provide:
- Written statement from the student’s physician detailing the medication, dosage and time to be taken.
- Written statement from the student’s parent/legal guardian requesting that the prescribed medication be administered at school.
- Medication must be in a pharmacy labeled container.
- Medications should be delivered to the school by the parent/legal guardian or a designated adult
- Medical Authorization forms may be obtained at any school office. Authorizations must be renewed annually.
Head LiceA Parent's Guide To Head Lice
Una Guia Para Padres De Familia Sobre Los Piojos De Cabeza