Sunday, August 28, 2016
Student Daily Bulletin
Bronco Star Drawing
Patriotic Message: College Friday - From Rio to Home!
Every last Friday of the month is College Friday! Wear your college gear. UC Berkeley and Stanford athletes (incoming, current and former) were strongly represented in the Rio Olympics. Each school won 20 medals, with UC Berkeley edging out Stanford in the rankings, having 12 gold medals to Stanford's 9. If UC Berkeley and Stanford were separate countries, each with their 20 Olympic medals, they'd be ranked 27th out of the 200 participating countries.
1. Cafeteria Lunch Menu: Lunch today is stromboli or a deli sandwich. Lunch includes salad bar, seasonal fruit and your choice of milk.
2. Backpacks: Reminder, any backpacks left unattended at lunch will result in an automatic lunch detention. Take care of your belongings, and remember to lock them up before heading out to lunch. Thanks! Admin
3. Proper Footwear: Broncos, it is part of the SLUSD Dress Code Policy that “Shoes must be worn at all times. Flip flops are not acceptable.” It is for your safety that you wear shoes at all times. If you are not wearing proper footwear, you will be required to call your parents to bring shoes for you. Repeat offenders may face disciplinary consequences. Take care of yourself by wearing proper shoes to school. – Admin
4. Library: The library will officially open next Monday, August 29th! We are open from 7:45 am to 3:20 pm, including during break and lunch. Come browse our new books, hang out with your friends, and get some homework done. Library After School Time, also known as L.A.S.T., will be starting soon so stay tuned to the announcements. - Ms. Kang
5. New Waste Program: Attention all Students and Staff: If you haven't noticed Bancroft has gone Green! The Green Team and Mr. Mason would like to thank all of the Staff Members who have helped to make improvements to our new Waste Program! A big shout out to Ms. Ford and the Custodial Staff, Ms. Tina, Ms. Kristen Garcia, and the Food Service Staff. We thank you for your patience and input. Together we are working to make Bancroft a cleaner and more Eco-friendly place. We also want to thank the students who are putting their waste in the right place! If you are not sure where to put your waste please ask a member of the Green Team, Mr. Mason, or another adult. Remember that one of our school pillars is to help take care of Bancroft. You can easily do this by cleaning up after yourself. Do Not Leave Trash on the Ground, Anywhere! - Green Team and Mr. Mason
6. Friends on Friday: Friends on Friday kicks back in S6 today during lunch. We have a quiet place where you can enjoy your lunch with friendly folk. Bring by your food, and a willingness to clean up after yourself, and a friend to S-6 each Friday for a quiet and friendly spot. – Mr. Smothermon
7. Anime Club: Anime club meets today after school. We'll finish a movie and talk about what we want to begin watching. In S-6 on Fridays after school for an hour. Begins at 3:07 sharp! – Mr. Smothermon
8. Tardy Sweeps: Attention Broncos, it is very important to be on time to every class! At this point, you should know where all of your classes are located. Next week, we will be having our first tardy sweep for 7th/8th graders. 6th graders will have a few more days to practice being on time before your first tardy sweep. Please get to every class on time! – Admin
9. Afterschool Sports: Softball and football tryouts and cross country practices start on Monday August 29 on the Bancroft Field. All paperwork such as physicals and permission slips are due on September 1. See Mr. Sorensen if you have any questions. – Athletics Dept.
Please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Bancroft! Go Broncos!!
Positive Growth in SLUSD’s CAASPP Results
SAN LEANDRO, Calif., August 24, 2016 – San Leandro Unified School District announced today results for the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) for English language arts/literacy standards and mathematics. The preliminary results indicate positive growth in the district’s second year of administering the new assessments.
SCHOOL BOARD VOTES TO PLACE BOND ON BALLOT
Bond proceeds focused on making elementary schools “shining gems” of their neighborhoods
SAN LEANDRO, Calif., June 28, 2016 – The San Leandro Unified School District (SLUSD) Board of Trustees voted unanimously on Tuesday, June 21, 2016, to put a $104 million dollar bond measure on the November ballot to fund critical school facility upgrades and improvements.
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM Saturday School (Hall)
7:00 PM - 10:30 PM Board of Education Regular Meeting
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Back to School Night - Elementary Schools
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Back to School Night - High School
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM Saturday School (Alvarez)