Saturday, October 01, 2016
Student Daily Bulletin
Bronco Star Drawing
Thank you students and staff for a great Back to School Night!
Patriotic Message: Hispanic Heritage Month Salutes Lupita Nyong’o
Born in 1983 in Mexico City, Lupita Nyong'o started acting as a teen in Kenya and went on to work behind the scenes of the film The Constant Gardener. She directed and produced the albinism documentary In My Genes and starred in a TV series. Nyong'o went on to earn acclaim for her role in 12 Years a Slave, for which she won the 2014 Academy Award for best supporting actress, among other honors.
1. Cafeteria Lunch Menu: Lunch today is turkey & gravy with whipped potatoes and dinner roll or a deli sandwich. Lunch includes salad bar, seasonal fruit and your choice of milk.
2. Beautification Day: Tomorrow, October 1 9:00AM – 12:00PM is SLUSD’s Beautification Day. Get ready to get dirty and have fun while spreading mulch, painting walls, gardening and sprucing up our school! Come tomorrow Saturday October 1st between 9 and 12 to volunteer and help us take care of Bancroft! – Admin
3. Anime Club: We will meet today for one hour afterschool at 3:07PM sharp. See you in S6! – Mr. Smothermon
4. BMT Broadway Show Choir Starts Next Week: Hey Broncos do you like to sing and dance? Are you a fan of GLEE? Well, then BMT's Broadway Show Choir is for you! Broadway Show Choir begins next Monday at 3:30PM in room G4. Pick up a participation packet in the main office and bring your completed paperwork with you to our first meeting. See you there! - Ms. Gorham & Ms. McGovern
5. Friends on Friday: Friends on Friday is a quiet place to enjoy your lunch with a few friends. It’s all about respecting the rights we all share. S6 is the place today during lunch. – Mr. Smothermon
6. Library: Hey Broncos! The library is hosting a book fair this week. Stop by during break and lunch and check it out! - Ms. Kang
7. Robotics Club: Our Robotics Club meets today after school in classroom S-1 from 3:05-4:00. If you are interested in inventing and building things, electric circuits, and computer coding, come see what we are about. We will continue meeting every Friday after school at the same time. – Mr. Huey
8. Take Care…: Please take care yourself and one another by keeping your hands, feet and objects to yourself. Also, please remember that horseplay is not allowed at school at any time. – Admin
9. Meet Miss Peregrine: Opening today is a movie based on a popular book for teens called Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. The story is about a teenager, Jake, who travels from Florida to a remote Welsh island (in the United Kingdom) to join a group of children with odd abilities and afflictions. According to the actor who plays Jake, "One of the themes of the story is about celebrating your peculiarity and weirdness." There are twins who, like mini-Medusas, can turn creatures to stone with just one look. One boy is invisible. Another is full of bees. Jake's love interest is lighter than air and needs iron boots to prevent her from floating away. The actress who plays the guardian, Miss Peregrine, says there are a lot of people who don't fit in the outside world. "Lots of people feel like that and identify with that. I still feel like this. This is a movie that says that you just have to accept it, embrace it and celebrate it. It is beautiful to be different." Sounds like a great movie! If you'd like to read the book first, check it out of our school library or the public library. Ms. Turner
Please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Bancroft! Go Broncos!!
Positive Growth in SLUSD’s CAASPP Results
SAN LEANDRO, Calif., August 24, 2016 – San Leandro Unified School District announced today results for the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) for English language arts/literacy standards and mathematics. The preliminary results indicate positive growth in the district’s second year of administering the new assessments.
Resultados de crecimiento positivo en las pruebas CAASPP del Distrito Escolar Unificado de San Leandro
San Leandro, California, agosto 24 del 2016 - El Distrito Escolar Unificado de San Leandro anuncio hoy los resultados de la Evaluación Para el Progreso y Rendimiento de los Estudiantes de California (CAASPP) en artes del idioma Inglés / estándares de alfabetización y matemáticas. Los resultados preliminares indican un crecimiento positivo en el segundo año de la administración de las nuevas evaluaciones del distrito.
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Beautification Day
4:00 PM - 5:30 PM Flag Football Home Game vs. Edendale
2:00 PM Early Dismissal - SLTA Event
4:00 PM - 5:30 PM Flag Football Home Game vs. Bohannon
5:00 PM College Night 2016 - SLHS