Tuesday, January 17, 2017
Student Daily Bulletin
Patriotic Message: 1961 Eisenhower Bids Farewell
On this day in 1961, in a nationally televised speech, Dwight D. Eisenhower addresses the American people for the last time as president.
1. Cafeteria Lunch Menu: Lunch today is nachos or a chicken patty. Lunch includes salad bar, seasonal fruit and your choice of milk.
2. Simpson’s Club: We will meet today at lunch in S6. Bring your lunch and humor! – Mr. Smothermon
3. School-Wide Reminder: Students, just a friendly reminder, please be advised hoods should remain off at all times while indoors. Take care of Bancroft by following our school-wide expectations and rules. – Admin
4. Wrestling: Broncos, wrestling season is nearly here. The first practice of the season will be Monday, January 23 immediately after school in the cafeteria. Wear your PE clothes and be ready for an unforgettable experience. You can still pick up forms from Mr. D in room 106. If you have not scheduled a physical, please do so promptly. – Mr. D
5. PE Students of the Quarter: Congratulations to the following PE students for earning student of the quarter in Mr. Sorensen's PE classes. You will be given a prize in class. The students are Elmer F., Rosalina G., Alex P., Jeimy Z., Roxelyn R., Daniel O., Miles L., Stephanie O., Deena A., Andrew B., Isabel C., Anthea F., Grant P., Danny B., Brandon M., Ofaloto N., Emma P., Alyssa S., Phoenix C., Ka'Naya N., and Laurel S. – Mr. Sorensen
6. Book Club Meeting Reminder: The Mystic Readers book club meeting is TODAY after school at 2:30 to 3:45 PM in the Bancroft Library. Make sure to bring your copy of this month's book: The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen. Come to discuss the book, do an activity, and have a free snack! - Ms. Kang
7. Students of the Quarter: Congratulations to the following students for earning Ms. Slaton's Student of the Quarter Award: Jose G., Katie D., Haley M., Natira J., Arianna H., Aya A., Josh V., Andrea B., Natalia B., Michael M., Jayonnah C., Nico M., Antonio H., Arowyn B., Dominic C., Kaileaha K., and Giovanna G. Keep up the good work! – Ms. Slaton
8. Soccer Tryouts: Soccer tryouts for both the boys and girls teams will start on Tuesday, January 31st. Tryouts will also be held the following Wednesday and Thursday, February 1st and 2nd. So, come tryout for the soccer team! Remember, students, in order to tryout, you must complete a physical evaluation form, athletic emergency card and a parents permission slip. Grab these forms from Mr. Ramos or Mr. Sorensen before or after school. – Mr. Ramos
Please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Bancroft! Go Broncos!!
San Leandro Unified School District Summer School 2017 will be held Monday- Thursday starting June 19th - July 27th at a designated San Leandro Unified School campus. Location, times and program information to come in 2017.