Our new principal, Mr. Vernon Walton
It is my pleasure to welcome you to John Muir Middle School. The administration, teachers, and staff join me in saying that we are happy to have you as part of the John Muir family. We look forward to a productive year where we all work together to ensure all students’ success. With everyone’s help, the John Muir school community will be able to provide a school environment which:
• IS SAFE
• PROVIDES A RICH AND CHALLENGING CURRICULUM
• MODELS CARE AND RESPECT FOR ONE ANOTHER
As your new principal I look forward to supporting your student and the John Muir staff in working toward our school mission of creating a safe and inclusive community where everyone is actively engaged in learning. In order to accomplish our schools vision, we must support each other by working toward the goals of:
• having students come to school on time each day and ready to learn. Ready to learn means that students have their binders, papers, pencils, books, homework, etc. that they need for that particular day.
• addressing the academic needs of students.
• helping students to learn to resolve conflicts in a constructive manner.
• having parents and staff members model for students care and respect for one another.
• keeping informed about school activities through the Falcon Flyer and getting actively involved.
• having parents become active participants in the education of their children.
The success of each child depends heavily on the positive support that they receive from both home and school. Close cooperation between home and school is essential to promote the best interests of your student. I encourage parents to visit the school and to attend scheduled meetings with teachers and staff. We all benefit when there is a meaningful exchange of information between home and school. Lets all work together to support each other and make this year one of the best for your child.
The John Muir Middle School staff and I welcome you again to the John Muir family, We look forward to providing your student with a positive school year.
Vernon L Walton Jr., Principal