Tuesday, January 21, 2020
** ANYONE REPORTING TO BANCROFT PLEASE REPORT TO THE OFFICE**
Early Release Day 1/29/2020 12:30pm
Good Morning Broncos,
This is the BMS Morning Show for
Friday January 17, 2020
Inspirational Message: “Always do the right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” –Mark Twain
Bronco Motto Message: Broncos Take Care of One Another: Be patient and polite with one another.
- Cafeteria Lunch Menu: Lunch today is green chile & cheese tamale or bean & cheese burrito, or cheese pizza. Lunch includes salad bar, seasonal fruit, and your choice of milk.
- Musical Theatre: Interested in joining Musical Theatre at Bancroft? Please sign up on the Bancroft website. Rehearsals begin on Wednesday afternoons beginning in late January.
- Promotion Gown Order Form: Will be given out on Wednesday to all 8th graders. Please turn in your order form even if you have a gown from a sibling. See Ms. Rodrigues if you have any questions. All order forms must be turned in by 3/2. Thank you. –Ms. Rodrigues
- MLK: Did you know there is an MLK Day Oratorical Festival on Monday, January 21,2020. This is a chance to recite a poem or song in memory of MLK. There are prizes and you can actually win $100. Any students who participates in the Oratorical Festival will receive a special month-long front of the line pass. Stop by the office for more info. –Mr. del Rio
- Talent Show: Are you interested in performing on stage to show off your talent? The BSU is putting on a talent show! Acts are limited to 5 minutes and must be family friendly and school appropriate. The theme is Black History Month. If you are interested your elective teacher will have a sheet for you to sign up. The last day to sign up is January 31st. –Mr. C
- Lost Jewelry: Did you lose a ring? Please come to the office and see if it was found. Thank you. –Office
- Rainbow Club: Club Rainbow will meet today during lunch in room 207. –Ms. Passmore, Mr. Tan, & Mr. Smothermon
- Robotics Club: Our Robotics Club meets today after school in classroom S-1 from 3:10-4:10. We are learning about electrical measurements in circuits. Later we will be learning CAD, computer-assisted design, hopefully to do some laser-cutting. Please arrive on time. Don’t be late. If you have dropped out please let Ms. Huey know. –Mr. Huey
- Spelling Club: Respond correctly to spelling word and you can enter the SPELLING CLUB on Thursdays and Fridays during lunch. Prepare for the SCRIPPS Spelling Bee, play scrabble and other word games. We meet in P-2. –Ms. Sonobe
- Yearbook:Attention students! Have you reserved your 2020 Yearbook? Now is the time to buy you a yearbook that you can cherish forever. Your first period teacher will be giving you an order form. Please return the order form envelope with cash or check to the Main Office. Last chance to personalize your yearbook with your name or icons on it, is January 31st. –Mr. Rosenberg
- No School:Students there will be no school on Monday, January 21st. –Office
Please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Bancroft! Go Broncos!!
Bancroft Musical Theatre!!
Interested in joining Musical Theatre at Bancroft?
For more Information see:
📰 SLUSD Latest News
The just-released 2019 California Department of Education School Dashboard for the San Leandro Unified School District shows notable areas of success for the district from the past year.
SAN LEANDRO, CA: The San Leandro Unified School Board has received a distinguished, highly competitive California School Boards Association (CSBA) Golden Bell Award for significantly increasing access and equity in Advanced Placement programs at San Leandro High School. SLUSD was one of only 52 school districts in California to receive this annual award, out of several thousand entries from across the state.
San Leandro Unified School District is pleased to announce the 19th Annual Inclusive Schools Week will be celebrated December 2-6, 2019, throughout the district’s classrooms, schools, and communities. This year, the Inclusive Schools Week’s theme is “Charting the Course for Inclusive Schools.”
The San Leandro School Board of Trustees unanimously approved a resolution to place a $198 million dollar bond measure on the March 2020 Presidential Primary election ballot during their board meeting on Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
The recent release of the California Assessment of Students Performance and Progress (CAASPP) Summary Report has highlighted some significant signs of positive growth for San Leandro Unified students. SLUSD showed the most improvement in math scores of all school districts in Alameda County, with an overall increase of 3.1% of students meeting or exceeding California state standards. English Language Arts (ELA) scores are also on the rise throughout the district, with an overall increase of 4%.
On Friday, October 11, San Leandro Unified Superintendent Dr. Mike McLaughlin delivered his annual State of the District address to a packed house in the San Leandro High School gymnasium. With the current school year marking the end of a three-year improvement plan, McLaughlin’s speech featured impressive academic achievements and facilities enhancements.
San Leandro Unified School District has named Mr. Lawrence Simon as the new Chief Technology Officer for the district.
Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) is alerting the public to possible planned power outages due to gusty winds and dry conditions that are increasing fire danger in our community. They will potentially be taking proactive measures on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of this week by turning off power for public safety.
3:00 PM - 5:30 PM Girls Basketball Practice
3:20 PM - 5:00 PM Boys Soccer Practice
3:20 PM - 5:00 PM Wrestling Practice
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM Spelling Bee
2:00 PM - 4:45 PM BMT Rehearsal
2:20 PM - 4:30 PM Wrestling Practice
3:15 PM - 5:00 PM Boys Soccer Game
3:15 PM - 6:00 PM Girls Basketball Game
8:20 AM - 10:00 AM Spelling Bee