Thursday, October 18, 2018
Good Morning Broncos,
This is the BMS Morning Show for Thursday October 18, 2018
Inspirational Message: “If you can’t change your fate, change your attitude.”- Amy Tan
Bronco Motto Message: Broncos, Take Care of Bancroft: Use your words carefully, school appropriate language only, please.
- Cafeteria Lunch Menu: Lunch today is hot or not chicken pasta salad. Lunch includes salad bar, seasonal fruit and your choice of milk.
- Field Trip: Attention 6th grade Students going on the Field Trip Today: During break, put your back packs away in your school locker and report to your 3rd period teacher. If you are in Ms. Hernandez’s 4th period class and you are not going on the field trip, please report to Ms. Waller’s room S3.-Ms. Garcia
- Red Ribbon Week: The BLC will have a Muir & Bancroft Prevention Bingo on Tuesday 10/23 from 2:30 to 4:30 pm All are welcome – Ms. Waldron
- Poetry in Motion: Poetry in Motion will meet after school in P2. See you there. –Ms. Sonobe
- Bronco Award Club: The BRONCO AWARD CLUB will meet today after school in room S2 from 3:15 - 4:15. Come see what the excitement is all about! -Mr. Asper
- SPORTS PHYSICALS: If you are interested in participating in a sport here at Bancroft and need a physical, Bancroft will once again host an opportunity for you to get your sports physical completed for only $20. The exams will start at 3:30pm in room G-4 on Monday October 22. See Mr. Sorensen for a flyer or if you have any questions. –Mr. Sorensen
- Robotics Club: Our Robotics Club meets this Friday after school in classroom S-1 from 3:05-4:00. It is now too late to turn in permission forms for the Mini Maker Faire on Sunday. If you are interested in inventing and building things, electric circuits, and computer coding, come see what we are about. For now the club will be limited to the first 20 who come and commit to coming consistently and learning. We will continue meeting every Friday after school at the same time.-Mr. Huey
- BOYS BASKETBALL GAME: Today's basketball games verses John Muir will be at San Leandro High School tonight. The 6/7th grade game will be at 5:30pm and the 8th grade game will be at 7:00pm. There will be an admission charge of $5 for adults and $3 for students, but if you bring your school ID the cost is only $1! John Muir has a very good team, but so does Bancroft, so come out and see some good basketball tonight at San Leandro HS. Go Broncos! –Mr. Sorensen
- Lost Phones: Have you lost your phone within the last several weeks? Please stop by the office and check if we have it in the office. –Admin
- Students: Please remember do not come to the office during class time without a pass. Any student who comes to the office will be returned to class without help if you come during class time. - Office
Please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Bancroft! Go Broncos!!
📰 SLUSD Latest News
Last Friday morning, San Leandro Unified School District school board trustees, personnel, families and community members came together to celebrate successes from the past year at the annual State of the District address. This year, the event was reorganized as a breakfast and bus tour, in hopes of allowing a more intimate look into the school district, and to provide more of an opportunity to interact with the public.
San Leandro High School is pleased to announce this year’s National Merit Scholar Semi-Finalist Lee Dason Lam. He is one of approximately 16,000 Semifinalists nationwide who will continue on in the 64th annual National Merit Scholarship Program to complete for 7,500 National Merit Scholarships worth more than $31 million that will be offered next spring
San Leandro Unified School District is pleased to welcome Clell Hoffman as the district’s Director of Food Services. Mr. Hoffman comes to SLUSD from the Albany Unified School District where he currently serves as the Food Services Director. He also currently serves as the chairman of the State Child Nutrition Advisory Council and is a credentialed teacher of Culinary Arts
The California Department of Education (CDE) has announced the release of the California Assessment of Students Performance and Progress (CAASPP) Summary Report.