Thanks to the passage of Measure J1 on the November, 2016 ballot, the San Leandro Unified School District has funds available to support student learning through technology upgrades and facility enhancements.
Funds raised through the bond will support student learning through technology upgrades and facility enhancements. All work will occur in three phases over the course of the next six years. Phase One began in Summer 2017.
Specifically, the plan will address the following:
- Repairing leaky roofs and faulty plumbing and electrical systems
- Improving heating and ventilation (HVAC) systems
- Enhancing student safety by updating security lighting, emergency communications, fire alarms and sprinklers
- Upgrading classrooms, libraries and science labs
- Replacing deteriorating portables
- Adding new facilities and equipment to support instruction in math, science, engineering, arts and technology
Independent performance and financial audits will be performed annually to ensure that the funds received from the sale of the bonds are expended as specified in the Measure. All bond expenditures will be monitored by an independent Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee to ensure that the funds are spent as specified.
For more information, visit our FAQ page.