Priority 7 - Access to a Broad Course of Study
As of the 2018-2019, school year, local educational agencies (LEAs) are required to annually measure their progress to the extent that students have access to, and are enrolled in, a Broad Course of Study.
In grades 1-5, we utilize the following measures to define a Broad Course of Study:
- Student Access to Board Approved Instructional Materials
- Student Access to PE Instruction
- Student Access to Art Instruction
- Teacher Professional Development in the Arts
- Teacher Professional development in Project Based Learning
In grades 6-12, we define a Broad Course of Study as
- A Course Catalog that provides students with several opportunities to meet the A to G requirements
- Coursework that includes Health and Science and Medical Technology, Information and Communication Technologies, Manufacturing and Product Development, and Marketing, Sales and Services
- 379 courses that meet the UC/CSU entrance requirements
Please scroll to the bottom of page to view results.