California Healthy Kids Survey, 2019-2020
Your school needs the students to complete this online survey to help improve school culture and climate. If you have any questions about this survey, contact your teacher(s) or site administrator(s).
You will have access to this online survey beginning 1/27/2020.
The purpose of this survey is to obtain information from the students about their knowledge, attitudes, and behavior about things that affect learning. It deals with such issues as truancy, safety, harassment, substance use, school connectedness, and learning supports.
Student participation is voluntary. It is also very important. The information provided will help guide district and school efforts to promote safety, enhance learning supports, improve student achievement, and reduce health risks that stand as barriers to learning.
- This is an anonymous survey. It is designed so that no one can be identified from the data. Students do not have to respond to any questions that they feel could be used to identify them. Instruct them to simply skip any such questions.
- All questions apply to this school only.
- The results are for the use of the district. CDE and WestEd will preserve data confidentiality and refer any data requests to the district.
If you are having trouble taking the survey, check the following:
- Does the survey welcome page show the correct name of your school?
- Make sure that your survey window is open. SLUSD's California Healthy Kids Survey will be administered between the dates of January 27 to February 14.
- Still having trouble? Contact your school administrator.