All students will achieve or exceed the standards established by the district as a result of:
• All stakeholders accepting responsibility for student progress;
• The implementation of sustainable leadership systems that maintains a coherent focus;
• Ongoing changes in teacher practices and school culture.
In order to ensure that our students are able to reach their highest potential as learners, the Jefferson staff has committed to the following:
• Implement Culturally Responsive teaching and learning strategies to decrease the achievement gap through targeted staff development.
• Using arts integration as a vehicle for greater student engagement.
• Regularly utilizing curriculum guides, adopted materials and other resources.
• Integrating writing across the curriculum.
• Exploring and implementing ways to allow all students access to the curriculum.
• Regularly analyzing student work and planning curricula with other teachers of their grade level.