Sunday, November 19, 2017
Good Morning Broncos!
This is the BMS Morning Show for Friday, November 17, 2017
Please remember there is no school next week for Thanksgiving Break.
Inspirational Message: “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door,” Milton Berle
Bronco Motto Message: Broncos, Take Care of Yourself: Turn cell phones and electronic devices off and put them away after the 8:20 a.m. bell and until dismissal.
- Cafeteria Lunch Menu: Lunch today is garlic cheese bread. Lunch includes salad bar, seasonal fruit and your choice of milk.
- Attention Students: Lost and found closet is full of items. It’s full of sweaters, shirts, lunch boxes, books, etc. Please stop by today and come to take a look to see if something there is yours. Everything left will be donated. Thank you- Admin
- BOYS BASKETBALL: There will be one more tryout date for boys’ basketball today. Tryouts start 30 minutes after school and ending at 5:30pm. You must have your permission slip, athletic emergency card, and physical exam form turned into to Mr. Sorensen in order to attend the tryout. See Mr. Sorensen if you have any questions-Mr. Sorensen
- ATTENTION ALL BASKETBALL PLAYERS: Boys and girls, it’s time to get on the court and have some fun with the JR. WARRIORS! If you’re interested in playing in a non-competitive league, stop by the office to pick up a flyer with more information!
- HONOR ROLL UPDATE: We are currently working on honor roll certificates. Our goal is to distribute honor roll certificates when we come back from break. Thank you for your patience.
- Boy’s Wrestling: Boys, now it's your turn to be a part of the Bancroft wrestling team. Come to a quick meeting at break to get the appropriate paperwork, so you can be a part of the great Bronco wrestling tradition. Remember Victoria's message: Nothing Venture, Nothing Gained. Stop by room 106 at break today. And girls, if you did not pick up the paperwork Wednesday you can still pick it up. Go Broncos.
- Clubs Meeting Today: Movie theater club will meet today during lunch in Room 207. Rubik’s Cube Club will meet today during lunch in Room 106. Friends on Friday club will meet during lunch in S-6. Clash Club will meet during lunch in P-4. Robotics club will meet after school in S-1. Art Club will meet during lunch in Room 104. Earth Team will meet today in room 213. Bring lunch or get a front of the line pass if you need from Mr. Love."
Please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Bancroft! Go Broncos!!
Bronco Star Drawing Winners
For Friday 11/17/2017Each Friday we hold a drawing for Bronco Star recipients. Bronco Stars are given to students for demonstrating our motto, Take Care of Yourself, Take Care of One Another, Take Care of Bancroft. This week our Bronco Star Winners are:
- Maria G.
- Max D.
- Haneen A.
- Emanuel F.
- Elizabeth N.
- Jamori W.
- Stephanie F.
- Jamari H.
- JaMariya B.
- Jose R.
Congratulations, Broncos, and thanks for showing your Bronco pride!
There is NO SCHOOL for students Monday 11/20/2017 through 11/24/2017 for Thanksgiving Break. We return Monday 11/27/2017.
Please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Bancroft!
Eat, Move, Win!
Class for Middle School Students
Barbara Lee Center for Health and Wellness
2251 Bancroft Ave (across the street from San Leandro High School)
San Leandro 510-618-4470
Anita Waldron, Health Educator
Eat, Move, Win is a six- week class that will include:
1. a healthy snack, (EAT)
2. activities including stretch, core conditioning, and correct use of exercise equipment including the BLC fitness machines (MOVE)
3.Nutrition education to include healthy eating choices, support to change unhealthy eating habits, and discussion about the culture of food/drink in the teenage world. (WIN)
2:45-4pm- October 4, 11, 18, 25 and November 1, 8
Gym shoes required
Use the link below to sign up. Class limit 20
Barbara Lee Center for Health and Wellness/Centro de Salud y Bienestar Barbara Lee
2251 Bancroft Ave (al frente de San Leandro High School)
San Leandro 510-618-4470
Anita Waldron, Educadora de Salud
Come, Muévete y Gana es una clase de seis semanas que incluirá:
1. Un refrigerio saludable, (COME)
2. Actividades que incluyen estiramiento, acondicionamiento y el
uso correcto de la maquinaria de ejercicios del BLC (MUEVETE)
3. Educación de la Nutrición que incluye opciones para alimentos saludables, ayuda con el cambio de hábitos alimenticios no saludables y charlas sobre la cultura de los alimentos y bebidas en el mundo de los adolescentes. (GANA)
(6 sesiones) 2:45-4pm- Octubre 4, 11, 18, 25 y Noviembre 1, 8
Se requiere zapatos atléticos
Utiliza el enlace a continuación para inscribirte. Limite de cupos 20
Barbara Lee Center for Health and Wellness 芭芭李健康及保健中心
2251 Bancroft Ave ( 在高中对面)
San Leandro 510-618-4470
Anita Waldron, 健康教育家
1. 健康小吃 (吃)
星期三，2:45-4pm， 10月 4, 11, 18, 25日及 11月 1, 8日
用以下連線報名. 班名額 20 人
Board of Education Declares District Campuses As Safe Zones For Families And Students Threatened By Immigration Enforcement
SAN LEANDRO, Calif., February 8, 2017 -- The San Leandro Board of Education last night passed a resolution making all campuses a safe zone for students and their families and reinforced the district’s policy mandating that all immigrant students attending San Leandro schools have equal access to an education regardless of their status or the status of their family members. The resolution was passed unanimously on Tuesday night, followed by applause from a full house of community members, educators, union representatives and students.