Saturday, January 19, 2019
** ANYONE REPORTING TO BANCROFT PLEASE REPORT TO THE OFFICE**
Good Morning Broncos,
This is the BMS Morning Show for Friday January 18, 2019
Inspirational Message: “While you speak of peace with your tongue, be careful to have it more fully in your heart.” -St. Francis of Assisi
Bronco Motto Message: Broncos Take Care of One Another: Use quiet voices in the hallways and breezeways -- avoid shouting and screaming.
- Cafeteria Lunch Menu: Lunch today is foil wrapped burrito and a birthday treat. Lunch includes salad bar, seasonal fruit and your choice of milk.
- Robotics Club: Our RoboticsClub meets this Friday after school in classroom S-1 from 3:05-4:00. We are working on building things, electric circuits, and computer coding. Remember to use CodeHS on your own to improve your skills. Remember to let Mr. Huey know if you can't make it. –Mr. Huey
- Clash Club: Clash Club will meet today at lunch in P1. -Mr. Fox
- Earth Team: Earth team will meet today at lunch in room 213. See you there! –Mr. Love
- Spirit Team: The Spirit team will meet today in the gym at 3:15. –Ms. Julie
- SPORTS PHYSICALS: The Spring Sports of Golf, Cross Country, Flag Football, and Girls Volleyball are fast approaching. If your physical is expiring before then or if you have not had a physical, please take advantage of Bancroft's $20 physical exam offer on January 29 after school. Visit the school website or see Mr Sorensen for a flyer.-Mr Sorensen
- Lost & Found: There are many shirts, jackets and coats in the lost and found. Please check to see if your missing item is there. –Rodrigues
- No School: Students, there will be no school this upcoming Monday. Monday is Martin Luther King’s Birthday. School will resume on Tuesday.-Admin
Please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Bancroft! Go Broncos!
Get your shirt today!
📰 SLUSD Latest News
When you were a freshman in high school, did you have any idea where you would be in 10 years? One half of the 9th-grade class at San Leandro High School has not only an idea of what the year 2028 will look like for them, but they also created a plan to get there.
Students from John Muir Middle School in partnership with the San Leandro Education Foundation (SLED) have been preparing for the holidays by giving back to their community. Students collected over $3,000 in cash donations which were used to purchase gift cards, clothing, toys, blankets, and other holiday items for 22 John Muir families in need.
At Tuesday night’s SLUSD school board meeting, the members of the Measure I Steering Committee were presented with special recognition awards for helping secure overwhelming community support to restore essential school funding and protect the quality of education in the district’s schools. Measure I was approved by voters with a 75.08% approval rate, which is one of the largest percentages of “yes” votes in the district’s history.
Students at Garfield and McKinley Elementary Schools are the fortunate recipients of newly remodeled science facilities, known as STEAM labs, thanks to a $100,000 donation from the San Leandro Educational Foundation (SLED). The donation will be officially presented to the San Leandro Unified School District during the December Board of Education meeting on Tuesday, December 11, at 7:00 pm.