Welcome to Our Library
The SLHS library is home base for all Pirate students who want to study, read, research or work on a computer. With over 1018 new e-books added to our traditional print collection, we now offer over 22,000 fiction and non-fiction titles! Finding the right book is easy using our online catalog, accessible in the menu to the left.
The SLHS library also features a 36 iMac computer lab with printing; eleven online subscription databases available 24/7 for the SLHS community; as well as local and national newspapers and magazines.
We’re also the go-to place for textbooks and textbook issues.
The library opens at 7:45 and closes 20 minutes after the final bell (3:30 on regular days, 3:00 on block days). Your librarian hosts Ms. Lori Sasaki and Ms. Sarah D'Audney welcome you!
Good to Know
- Books are checked out for two weeks and may be renewed.
- There is a ten-cent/day fee for books returned late.
- All school rules apply in the library.
- Computers are for academic purposes only.
- Students are responsible for the textbooks that are checked out to them.
- A clear library and textbook record is necessary for Winter Ball, Prom and graduation privileges.
- Questions about the library or textbooks? Contact Ms. Sasaki (510-618-4605) or Ms. D'Audney (510-618-4600 x2160).