Family Resource Center
The Family resource center serves the families in San Leandro Unified School District, under a project called Connecting Kids to Coverage(CKC) which is a collaboration between EBAC, SLUSD, Alameda Social Services Agency, Alameda Health Care Service Agency, and Alameda Health School and Community. We provide the gateway to connect children, and their families with health insurance and other social services vital to supporting student health and educational success. We work with district, city and county personnel as well as other community based organizations to coordinate provision of the services to families on campuses throughout the school district.
Family Resource Center Services
- Healthcare insurance enrollment and retention(Medical, Kaiser Health Care Plan)
- Case management
- Application assistance: Calfresh(Food stamps, Calworks, HealthPac, General Assistance, etc)
- Assistance with school enrollment
- Translation and interpretation
- Parent workshops
- Mobile Pantry with Alameda County of Food Bank
- Immigration Consultation
- Turkey give-away (Thanksgiving)
- Holiday Basket (Christmas)
- Free Flu shot (seasonal)
Family Support Services
The safety net provided through the programs offered by our center offers help with school-based mental health therapy, grief counseling, child assault prevention workshops, and afterschool programs for children from pre-school to high school. To do this, our programs and services are built on the strategies of recovery, resilience and prevention to support children and families impacted by poverty, chronic community violence, and other stresses that make families vulnerable.