Friday, May 25, 2018
1150 Bancroft Ave.
San Leandro, CA 94577
Bancroft Middle School
Good Morning Broncos,
This is the BMS Morning Show for
Wednesday, May 9, 2018
Inspirational Message: “Where there is love there is life,” Mahatma Ghandi.
Bronco Motto Message: Broncos Take of Yourself: Keep your valuable items safe in your lockers.
- Cafeteria Lunch Menu: Lunch today is cheese or pepperoni pizza. Lunch includes salad bar, seasonal fruit and your choice of milk.
- Clubs Meeting Today:
- Rainbow club will meet today in room S6.
- Attention all 7th graders: Don't forget to turn in your field trip form to your science teacher! Remember, in order to go to the field trip, you must have no more than 5 tardies overall or 3 tardies to the same class, 2 referrals, 1 F or any suspensions." - Your 7th Grade Teachers
- Attention 8th Grade Students: Are you interested in representing your 8th grade class during the promotion ceremony? We are looking for students to present a written speech during your promotion. Speeches should not be longer than 2 minutes long and include your accomplishments, best memories, and future goals. Turn in a copy of your speech to Mr. Lopes by May 18 if you wish to participate. - The Counseling Department
- Attention 8th Grade Bilingual Students: Would you like to participate in the International Welcome during promotion by welcoming the class of 2018 and their families in your home language? If so, we encourage you to welcome our school’s guests during your promotion ceremony in that language. Share your skills and help celebrate our school’s diversity. If interested, please talk to Mr. Lopes. - The Counseling Department
Please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Bancroft! Go Broncos!
Staff Bulletin 5/9/18
- CPT for the week:
- Fire Drill:There is a Fire Drill scheduled for today,Wednesday 5/9 at 11:20 AM. Please refer to the instructions in your Staff Binder or below.
1) Fire alarm will sound along with flashing strobes.
2) With your attendance sheet and emergency bucket, lead your students quietly to your assigned evacuation area.
3) Line up your students and take roll. Hold up your red sign if you are missing a student or have someone with you who isn’t on your roll. Hold up a green sign if all of your students are present.
4) Report to your Area Captain to inform him/her whether all of your students are present.
***If the alarm sounds during lunch, all students and staff should report to their most recent classroom (fall back) evacuation area
Bronco Star Drawing Winners
For Friday 5/04/2018Each Friday we hold a drawing for Bronco Star recipients. Bronco Stars are given to students for demonstrating our motto, Take Care of Yourself, Take Care of One Another, Take Care of Bancroft. This week our Bronco Star Winners are:
- Nayeli B.
- Joshua R.
- Amazing O.
- Latrell A.
- Aushanay A.
- Dillan B.
- Jayla S.
- Khalil J.
- Dominic S.
- Rigoberto V.
Congratulations, Broncos, and thanks for showing your Bronco pride!
📰 SLUSD Latest News
San Leandro Unified School District Announces Departure of Deputy Superintendent Dr. Rosanna Mucetti
San Leandro Unified School District announced today that Rosanna Mucetti, Ed.D has accepted an offer to become the Superintendent of Napa Valley Unified School District. As such, she will leave her role as Deputy Superintendent, Educational Services effective July 1, 2018.
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de San Leandro Anuncia Partida de la Dra. Rosanna Mucetti, Diputada del Superintendente
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de San Leandro anunció hoy que la Dra. Rosanna Mucetti,Ed.D ha aceptado una oferta para convertirse en la Superintendente del Distrito Escolar Unificado del Valle de Napa. Como tal, ella dejará su función como Diputada del Superintendente de Servicios Educativos a partir del 1 de julio del 2018.
James Madison Elementary was one of 21 elementary schools across Alameda County, and the only school in San Leandro, to be named a 2018 California Distinguished Schools by the California State Department of Education. The Distinguished School Award, known last year as the Gold Ribbon School Award, recognizes schools that have made significant gains in implementing the academic content and performance standards adopted by the State Board of Education, including standards for English Language Arts and Mathematics, California English Language Development Standards, and the Next Generation Science Standards.
It will be administered between the dates of May 30th-June 6th. All 7th, 9th and 11th grade students are being asked to participate. Click on above link for more information.
San Leandro Unified Summer School Information. Summer school programs will operate June 18th to July 26th (Closed Fridays and July 4th)
Click on link for information in English, Spanish and Chinese.