Dear SLUSD Families,
The quality of air today in San Leandro can be hard on anyone with any kind of breathing sensitivity. Bay Area Air Quality Management District has issued an air advisory due to the wildfire smoke coming from fires in Butte County. We monitor the Air Quality Index to advise our school leaders.
Today SLUSD schools will be adhering to the following safety protocols:
• Limiting outdoor activities to avoid unnecessary exposure to smoke by keeping students inside for recesses, breaks, physical education, etc.
• Reducing exposure to smoky air by remaining indoors with windows and doors closed, if possible.
We have directed staff to follow standard procedures for students displaying any symptoms that may become problematic by notifying parents immediately. We encourage you to make the best decision for your student in terms of school attendance. If your child stays home, please have them check with their teachers for any work they may miss and demonstrate responsible academic conduct.
The district will continue to monitor the situation and send out follow up communication if necessary. We will be keeping those impacted by these devastating wildfires in Butte County in our thoughts. We truly appreciate your support.
Monday, November 12, 2018
Good Morning Broncos,
This is the BMS Morning Show for Friday November 9, 2018
Inspirational Message: “Good friends are like stars. You don’t always see them, but you know they’re always there.” -Unknown
Bronco Motto Message: Broncos Take Care of Yourself: Play safe, play hard, play fair.
- Cafeteria Lunch Menu: Lunch today are nachos with spicy cheese, meat and tortilla chips. Lunch includes salad bar, seasonal fruit and your choice of milk.
- Bronco Swag: Students, have you seen the posters around campus with BMS-t-shirts? If you are interested in purchasing any of these shirts, please stop by the office and submit our order. These T-shirts were designed by your fellow classmates Andrea F. and Isabel P. –Office
- Girls Basketball: If you are interested in trying out for basketball come out to "Open Gym" and play. Open Gym will be Wednesday November 14th in our Gym 2:30-4:00pm. Shake off the rust and get ready for Try-Outs. -Ms. Hernandez
- Robotics Club: Our Robotics Club meets today after school in classroom S-1 from 3:05-4:00. If you are interested in inventing and building things, electric circuits, and computer coding, come see what we are about. Remember to use CodeHS on your own to improve your skills. We will continue meeting every Friday after school at the same time.-Mr. Huey
- Clash Club: Clash Club will meet today at lunch in P1. -Mr. Fox
- Students: Please remember do not come to the office during class time without a pass. Any student who comes to the office will be returned to class without help if you come during class time. – Office
Please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Bancroft! Go Broncos!!
Get your shirt today!
📰 SLUSD Latest News
San Leandro Unified School District stands with other Bay Area communities in declaring the week of November 11-17 as “Bay Area Unified Against Hate Week”. “Every day our devoted staff shows their deep commitment to inclusivity, unity, and tolerance,” said District Superintendent Dr. Mike McLaughlin, “But we want to stand united with our fellow schools and communities in taking a moment to highlight the need for vigilance against the insidious increase in hate-related behavior. ”
San Leandro Unified School District is celebrating a big win for their schools today. The San Leandro community came out to support their parcel tax, Measure I, which passed last night at 72.89%. Even though the celebrations are qualified, with 15% of ballots yet to be counted, the district expressed the need to be proactive in appreciating voters who responded positively to their financial need.
NFTE (Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship) announced this year’s young business winners at the 13th annual NFTE National Youth Entrepreneurship Challenge, one of which was San Leandro’s own Simone Hufana.
2017–18 English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC) Summary Report Annual Release
SAN LEANDRO, CA: The California Department of Education (CDE) has announced the annual release of the summary reports for the 2017–18 English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC). The public will access to 2017–18 ELPAC reports on the CDE DataQuest reporting website at https://dq.cde.ca.gov/dataquest/. The webpage will display the state, county, district, and school-level ELPAC reports for the 2017–18 administration.
Friday, October 12th, San Leandro Unified School District school board trustees, personnel, families and community members came together to celebrate successes from the past year at the annual State of the District address. This year, the event was reorganized as a breakfast and bus tour, in hopes of allowing a more intimate look into the school district, and to provide more of an opportunity to interact with the public.