Friday, September 22, 2017
This is the BMS Morning Show for
Friday September 22, 2017
Inspirational Message: “If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” -African Proverb.
Bronco Motto Message: Broncos, Take Care of Yourself: Use your Planner to write down assignments and other important events and due dates you need to remember.
- Cafeteria Lunch Menu: Lunch today is chicken and cheese burrito or a deli sandwich. Lunch includes salad bar, seasonal fruit and your choice of milk.
- ID Cards: If you have received your ID and there is an error with your name, last name or ID number, please come to the office in order to get the issue resolved. –Office
- P.E. Equipment at Lunch: If you want to check out a ball to use on the field at lunchtime, you must have your ID card to turn in to get the equipment. Only ID cards will be used in exchange for a ball. -- Admin.
- Attention Students: Do you want to stay healthy? The BLC is offering an EAT MOVE WIN nutrition class on Wednesdays from 245-4pm starting on October 4. For more information look for the posters in the hallways
- Robotics Club: Our Robotics Club starts this Friday after school in classroom S-1 from 3:05-4:00. If you are interested in inventing and building things, electric circuits, and computer coding, come see what we are about. For now the club will be limited to the first 20 who come and commit to coming consistently and learning. We will continue meeting every Friday after school at the same time. –Mr. Huey
- Anime Club: Anime club is cancelled today. We will continue to watch "Kiss Him, Not Me" next Friday. –Mr. Smothermon
- Movie Theater Club: We are continuing to watch Fantastic Beasts! Remember to come by room 207 and get a pass BEFORE you go and get your lunch. The pass will get you back into the building with your lunch. –Ms. Passmore
- Friends on Friday: Friends on Friday meet today. Friends on Friday is a quiet and safe place to enjoy your lunch without distractions and the activity that our Patio and Field can sometimes offer. No electronics! S-6 is a quiet place to take a breath.-Mr. Smothermon
- Mexico Earthquake Relief Fund: All next week Razas Unidas will be selling nachos after school. The profits made from this week’s sales will be donated to those that have been displaced, as a result of last week’s earthquake in Mexico. If you would like to donate any snacks that can be sold after school for more profits, please contact Mrs. Garcia-Salazar. On Thursday we will announce how much money has been raised. Also, thank you to Ms. Quinby for her donation. –Mrs. Garcia-Salazar
- Wrestling: Broncos, if you are interested in being part of the Bancroft wrestling tradition this year, please come to a meeting today at break in room 106. The season officially begins in January but there are wrestling opportunities before then. Everyone is welcome, no matter your grader or gender. See you Friday at break. –Mr. D’Antionio
- GIRLS BASKETBALL: Girls basketball is fast approaching. Currently, only three girls are fully cleared to attend tryouts. Every girl interested in basketball tryouts must turn in a permission slip, an athletic emergency card, and an updated physical. These are to be renewed each school year. Check with Mr. Sorensen or see the list for girls basketball posted in the G-wing to see what forms you need to turn in. –Mr. Sorensen
Please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Bancroft! Go Broncos!!
Bronco Star Drawing Winners
For Friday 9/15/2017Each Friday we hold a drawing for Bronco Star recipients. Bronco Stars are given to students for demonstrating our motto, Take Care of Yourself, Take Care of One Another, Take Care of Bancroft. This week our Bronco Star Winners are:
- Nicolas P
- Max D.
- Rachel A.
- Valery O.
- Orion B.
- Rosa C.
- J'nai W.
- Joshua S.
- Timmy M.
- JaMariya B.
Congratulations, Broncos, and thanks for showing your Bronco pride!
Bancroft Middle SchoolThursday September, 286:00-8:00 PM
There is NO SCHOOL for students Friday 9/29/2017 for Staff Development.
Please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Bancroft!
Board of Education Declares District Campuses As Safe Zones For Families And Students Threatened By Immigration Enforcement
SAN LEANDRO, Calif., February 8, 2017 -- The San Leandro Board of Education last night passed a resolution making all campuses a safe zone for students and their families and reinforced the district’s policy mandating that all immigrant students attending San Leandro schools have equal access to an education regardless of their status or the status of their family members. The resolution was passed unanimously on Tuesday night, followed by applause from a full house of community members, educators, union representatives and students.