The Bay Area Air Quality Management District is forecasting moderate air quality levels for Monday, October 16th. The forecast indicates that the air quality will remain at this improved level. Outdoor activities, including PE and sporting events, may take place as usual. We are asking staff to carefully watch for students who may continue to be sensitive to the smoke in the air. If there are any changes in the forecast, we will provide another update.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to monitor the situation.
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
This is the BMS Morning Show for Friday October 13, 2017
Inspirational Message: “You are a conductor of light,” -Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
Bronco Motto Message: Broncos, Take Care of Yourself: Turn cell phones and electronic devices off and put them away after the 8:20 a.m. bell and until dismissal: this includes ear buds.
- Cafeteria Lunch Menu: Lunch today is bosco sticks with marinara dip or a chicken sandwich. Lunch includes salad bar, seasonal fruit and your choice of milk.
- Robotics Club: Our Robotics Club meets this Friday after school in classroom S-1 from 3:05-4:00. If you are interested in inventing and building things, electric circuits, and computer coding, come see what we are about. This week we may plan for a field trip on Oct 22nd. For now the club will be limited to the first 20 who come and commit to coming consistently and learning. There are still spaces. We will continue meeting every Friday after school at the same time. Please let Mr. Huey know if you cannot make it.
- Black Student Union: BSU will meet in P3 during lunch today. Please see Ms. Jones during break for a front of the line lunch pass. - Ms. Jones
- Rubik’s Cube Club: Want to learn how to solve a Rubik’s cube? Then come to room 106 during lunch today. Don’t forget to bring your cubes! –Mr. Lopes
- Earth Team: Earth team meeting is at lunch today for new members in room 213, we will discuss the direction of our organization this year. Bronco Award Workers, remember you can earn service hours through Earth Team events. Be a part of the best team on Earth - The Earth TEAM! -Mr. Love rm. 213
- San Leandro Unified’s Got Talent: Attention all BMS students! Do you have a talent? Play an instrument? Like to dance? In a band? Like to sing? The Keep Music Rockin’ Foundation is sponsoring our first annual San Leandro Unified’s Got Talent on November 5th, 2017! All San Leandro Unified students grades 6-12 are welcome to apply. For more information about how to register for the event please visit keepmusicrockin.com. Thanks! - Ms. B
- Bikes: Students, please utilize our bike rack. We are not responsible if you are parking illegally in other locations. If you are running late, please come to the office and notify an adult, so that the bike rack can be opened. -Admin
Please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Bancroft! Go Broncos!!
Bronco Star Drawing Winners
For Friday 10/06/2017Each Friday we hold a drawing for Bronco Star recipients. Bronco Stars are given to students for demonstrating our motto, Take Care of Yourself, Take Care of One Another, Take Care of Bancroft. This week our Bronco Star Winners are:
- Francisco S.
- Carla G.
- Citlaly F.
- David P.
- Anthony P.
- Daniella C.
- Sabrina H.
- Nicholas R.
- Viridiana G.
- Estaban G.
Congratulations, Broncos, and thanks for showing your Bronco pride!
Eat, Move, Win!
Class for Middle School Students
Barbara Lee Center for Health and Wellness
2251 Bancroft Ave (across the street from San Leandro High School)
San Leandro 510-618-4470
Anita Waldron, Health Educator
Eat, Move, Win is a six- week class that will include:
1. a healthy snack, (EAT)
2. activities including stretch, core conditioning, and correct use of exercise equipment including the BLC fitness machines (MOVE)
3.Nutrition education to include healthy eating choices, support to change unhealthy eating habits, and discussion about the culture of food/drink in the teenage world. (WIN)
2:45-4pm- October 4, 11, 18, 25 and November 1, 8
Gym shoes required
Use the link below to sign up. Class limit 20
Barbara Lee Center for Health and Wellness/Centro de Salud y Bienestar Barbara Lee
2251 Bancroft Ave (al frente de San Leandro High School)
San Leandro 510-618-4470
Anita Waldron, Educadora de Salud
Come, Muévete y Gana es una clase de seis semanas que incluirá:
1. Un refrigerio saludable, (COME)
2. Actividades que incluyen estiramiento, acondicionamiento y el
uso correcto de la maquinaria de ejercicios del BLC (MUEVETE)
3. Educación de la Nutrición que incluye opciones para alimentos saludables, ayuda con el cambio de hábitos alimenticios no saludables y charlas sobre la cultura de los alimentos y bebidas en el mundo de los adolescentes. (GANA)
(6 sesiones) 2:45-4pm- Octubre 4, 11, 18, 25 y Noviembre 1, 8
Se requiere zapatos atléticos
Utiliza el enlace a continuación para inscribirte. Limite de cupos 20
Barbara Lee Center for Health and Wellness 芭芭李健康及保健中心
2251 Bancroft Ave ( 在高中对面)
San Leandro 510-618-4470
Anita Waldron, 健康教育家
1. 健康小吃 (吃)
星期三，2:45-4pm， 10月 4, 11, 18, 25日及 11月 1, 8日
用以下連線報名. 班名額 20 人
Board of Education Declares District Campuses As Safe Zones For Families And Students Threatened By Immigration Enforcement
SAN LEANDRO, Calif., February 8, 2017 -- The San Leandro Board of Education last night passed a resolution making all campuses a safe zone for students and their families and reinforced the district’s policy mandating that all immigrant students attending San Leandro schools have equal access to an education regardless of their status or the status of their family members. The resolution was passed unanimously on Tuesday night, followed by applause from a full house of community members, educators, union representatives and students.