Friday, March 22, 2019
** ANYONE REPORTING TO BANCROFT PLEASE REPORT TO THE OFFICE**
Good Morning Broncos,
This is the BMS Morning Show for Thursday March 21, 2019
Inspirational Message: “Fall seven times. Stand up eight.”- Japanese proverb.
Bronco Motto Message: Broncos, Take Care of Yourself: Use your Planner to write down assignments and other important events and due dates you need to remember.
- Cafeteria Lunch Menu: Lunch today is a crunchy chicken drumstick, mashed potatoes, gravy and a roll. Lunch includes salad bar, seasonal fruit and your choice of milk. If you are interested in our new vegetarian options, please see Ms. Kristen in the cafeteria for more information.
- Panoramic Order Forms: Hello 8th grade students, the panoramic order forms were distributed during your 6th period class yesterday. Please return your completed forms to the office. –Jazmin Sarabia
- Volleyball Try Outs: Final tryouts for volleyball will be:
- Friday 3/22 for 8th 3:30-5
You must have paperwork turned in to Mr. Sorensen to participate. –Coach Tina
- Earth Team: Earth Team members must turn in permission slips for Friday afternoon's planting by Thursday at 3pm. –Mr. Love
- Girls Basketball:Attention Girls Basketball players. Congratulations on a great season. Now that the season is over you need to turn in your basketball jersey, shorts and bag by Thursday March 29th. Stay tuned for information regarding the end of the season celebration. Thank you for all of your hard work. -Ms. Hernandez
- Science Night: Did you know? The brain is only about 2% of a person’s body mass but requires about 20% of its oxygen and calories. Find more fascinating science at the Bancroft Family Science Night tonight from 6-8pm. Enjoy energy experiments, science magic, chemistry creations, and liquid nitrogen ice cream. How cool is that? 321 degrees below zero to be exact. See you there!–The Science Department
- What if? : What if you were given a plot of land here in the east bay? It is the east bay and things are crazy expensive so it is a small plot of land. You are asked to design the floor plan for your house. There are some zoning laws you also must abide by. That is exactly what the 7 & 8 graders did in the art elective. Many of the houses they designed had more than one level however, on display under the main staircase is the first level of their homes for you to enjoy. What would you have done differently? - Ms. Colt
- Movie Club: Today's the day! Come by room 207 to get your pass. Only 30 spots available! We'll start Spiderman: Homecoming 5-10 minutes into lunch! Only 30 spots available! –Ms. Passmore
- Bronco Award Club: The BRONCO AWARD CLUB will meet today after school in room S2 from 3:15 - 4:15. Come see what the excitement is all about!-Mr. Asper
- Study Center: Students, the Student Study Center will be open today from 3:15-4:15. 6th graders will meet in room 102 and 8th graders will meet in room 105. See you there. –The Counseling Department
- Bronco Star Drawing: Students, if you have received any bronco stars, come drop them off in the office into the treasure chest in order to win a prize tomorrow morning. We will be raffling off gift certificates for the Bronco Store. –Admin
- Rules: Students, please do not wear your hoods while on campus! –Admin
Please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Bancroft! Go Broncos!
Get your shirt today!
📰 SLUSD Latest News
San Leandro Unified School District will host a series of recognition nights for African American and Latino students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement throughout the 2018-19 school year. Almost 1,300 fifth through twelfth grade students from all 12 district schools will be recognized at formal evening events over the next several weeks.
San Leandro High School Earns First College Board AP Computer Science Female Diversity Award for Achieving High Female Representation in AP Computer Science Courses
SAN LEANDRO, CA – San Leandro High School has earned the first College Board AP® Computer Science Female Diversity Award for achieving high female representation in AP Computer Science Principles. Schools honored with the AP Computer Science Female Diversity Award have expanded girls’ access in AP Computer Science courses. Out of more than 18,000 secondary schools worldwide that offer AP courses, SLHS is one of only 685 to accomplish this.
This past month, Principal Bradley Frazier and Vice Principal Rachelle Parham received the annual San Leandro Chamber of Commerce Leaders in Education award on behalf of the San Leandro Adult School.
National School Counseling Week, sponsored by the American School Counselor Association (ASCA), will be celebrated from Feb. 4–8, 2019, to focus public attention on the unique contribution of professional school counselors within U.S. school systems and how students are different as a result of what school counselors do.
When you were a freshman in high school, did you have any idea where you would be in 10 years? One half of the 9th-grade class at San Leandro High School has not only an idea of what the year 2028 will look like for them, but they also created a plan to get there.
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Earth Team Planting
3:00 PM - 6:00 PM Girls Volleyball Open Gym
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM Wrestling Practice
7:00 AM - 5:00 PM Wrestling Match
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM Wrestling Practice
3:15 PM - 5:15 PM BMT Rehearsal
12:30 PM - 2:00 PM Field Trip - Murphy
2:15 PM - 4:15 PM Sylvan Tutoring