Monday, September 24, 2018
Good Morning Broncos,
This is the BMS Morning Show for Monday September 24, 2018
Inspirational Message: “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself,” George Bernard Shaw.
Bronco Motto Message: Broncos Take Care of One Another: Use quiet voices in the hallways and breezeways -- avoid shouting and screaming.
- Cafeteria Lunch Menu: Lunch today is cheesy garlic bread or bosco sticks and marinara sauce. Lunch includes salad bar, seasonal fruit and your choice of milk.
- Earth Team: Come Join Earth Team. We meet on Fridays at lunch in Room 213. Help us grow and cultivate the BMS Garden. See you at lunch on Friday in the patio!-Earth Team
- Badminton Champions: Congratulations to the following students who won Ms. Slaton's badminton tournament: Dylan C., Emmanuel D., DeMarcus R., Luke W., Bryant C. Sam G., Angel J., Christian M., Veronica C., Lilli C., Alice M., Jalen W., and Jonathan R. Great job and congratulations!-Ms. Slaton
- Student Study Center: Students, the Student Study Center will be open today from 3:15-4:15. 6th graders will meet in room 102 and 8th graders will meet in room 105. See you there. –The Counseling Department
- Dance: Tickets will be on sale today at lunch! Tickets will be sold for $5 in the patio. – PTA
- Chess Club: Chess Club will start on Tuesday during lunch in room 103. Come get a pass from me so you can enter the building. Don't forget to bring your lunch and your skill. - Mr. Lopes
- Best Locker Looks Contest: Scholars we are having a "BEST LOCKER LOOKS CONTEST" TOMORROW, TUESDAY September 25, 2018, so decorate THE INSIDE of your locker to win and have a story about you in the yearbook. YEARBOOK will choose one female and one male winner. Be at your locker by 8:05 am or during BREAK so that we know you are entering the contest. Stand by your locker with it open and wait until a Yearbook photographer arrives to take a picture. Do not leave your locker unattended. Once your locker has been photographed, you may leave your locker. This contest is hosted by Majesty Searcey in Mr.Rosenberg's yearbook class. – Mr. Rosenberg
- Spirit Week: Today is Emoji/Meme day. Remember that tomorrow is Sport Day. Wear your favorite sports team gear.-Mr. Murphy
- Boys Volleyball: Open Gym for boys volleyball will be today from 3:30-5, Wednesday 9/26 from 2:30-5,Thursday 9/27 from 3:30-5. All boys must have filled out family ID and have a current physical for tryouts!-Ms. Tina
Please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Bancroft! Go Broncos!!
📰 SLUSD Latest News
The news crew from ABC7 came to James Monroe Elementary to learn more about being named one of "America's Healthiest Schools" by the Alliance for a Healthier Generation. As one of only 10 schools in the Bay Area to make the list, PE teacher Lynette Watkins was understandably proud of the hard work the school has put into supporting the health and wellness of their students.
The 2018-2019 San Leandro Unified School District State of the District will be held Friday, October 12 in the Fred T. Korematsu gymnasium at San Leandro High School. This annual event has changed format this year, to become a breakfast and bus tour of several SLUSD schools.
The San Leandro Unified School District voted this week to proclaim September as Attendance Awareness month. Resolution 18-40 identifies the crucial link between daily school attendance and student achievement.
School lunches represent more than fuel for young bodies and minds. The math behind those meals feeds revenue streams that can benefit all students. State and federal funding for school districts is determined by the number of students qualified for free and reduced lunch, regardless of whether or not those students participate in the school meal program.
San Leandro Unified School District is seeking proposals from qualified financial advisers to serve as the District’s financial adviser in connection with potential general obligation bonds issuance and related financial matters.