Dear SLUSD Families,
SLUSD is officially closing all schools, offices, and support sites tomorrow Friday, November 16, due to poor air quality. All classes, before and after school care, sports, field trips & ROP are canceled. As always, the safety of our students is our primary concern.
Again, SLUSD is officially closing all schools tomorrow Friday, November 16, due to poor air quality.
Dr. Michael McLaughlin, Superintendent
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de San Leandro estará oficialmente cerrando todas sus escuelas y oficinas del distrito mañana Viernes, 16 de Noviembre debido a la mala calidad del aire. Todas las classes, programas para antes y después de clases, deportes y paseos escolares y programa ROP serán cancelados por el dia. Como de costumbre, la /l.seguridad de nuestros estudiantes es nuestra principal preocupación.
Repetimos, SLUSD estará oficialmente cerrando sus escuelas mañana Viernes 16 de Noviembre debido a la mala calidad del aire.
Friday, November 16, 2018
Good Morning Broncos,
This is the BMS Morning Show for Wednesday November 14, 2018
Inspirational Message: If you’re lucky enough to be different, don’t ever change,” Taylor Swift.
Bronco Motto Message: Broncos, Take Care of Bancroft: Please do not eat or drink in the buildings
- Cafeteria Lunch Menu: Lunch today is cheese or pepperoni pizza. Lunch includes salad bar, seasonal fruit and your choice of milk.
- Bronco Swag: Students, have you seen the posters around campus with BMS-t-shirts? If you are interested in purchasing any of these shirts, please stop by the office and submit our order. These T-shirts were designed by your fellow classmates Andrea F. and Isabel P. –Office
- Razas Unidas: Razas Unidas will meet today at lunch time. Please see Mrs. Garcia at break time for a Lunch pass. See you in G4 at 12pm. –Ms. Garcia
- Poetry Club: Poetry in Motion will meet at lunch in P2. See you there. –Ms. Sonobe
- Girls Basketball: If you are interested in trying out for basketball come out to "Open Gym" and play. Open Gym will be Wednesday November 14th in our Gym 2:30-4:00pm. Shake off the rust and get ready for Try-Outs. -Ms. Hernandez
- Talent: Do you have a talent you want to show off? We are hosting our Second Open Mic on December 14th (Friday) at 3:30 - 4:30 in Room G4. You can Dance, Sing, Perform Music, Recite Poetry, or any other talents you may have. The stage is yours to show off your skills. Please talk to Mr. Lopes or Mr. Macias if you want to sign up.-Mr. Lopes
- Make Up Picture Day: Students tomorrow is Make Up Picture Day. This day is for new students and those students that purchased pictures and would like a retake. If you want to retake your picture please bring your photo packet.-Office
- Mr. Macias 4th Period: Please meet in P3, today. G4 is closed 4th period for an Assembly. Mr. Macias’ 4th period please report to P3. -Amin
Please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Bancroft! Go Broncos!!
Get your shirt today!
📰 SLUSD Latest News
San Leandro Unified School District stands with other Bay Area communities in declaring the week of November 11-17 as “Bay Area Unified Against Hate Week”. “Every day our devoted staff shows their deep commitment to inclusivity, unity, and tolerance,” said District Superintendent Dr. Mike McLaughlin, “But we want to stand united with our fellow schools and communities in taking a moment to highlight the need for vigilance against the insidious increase in hate-related behavior. ”
San Leandro Unified School District is celebrating a big win for their schools today. The San Leandro community came out to support their parcel tax, Measure I, which passed last night at 72.89%. Even though the celebrations are qualified, with 15% of ballots yet to be counted, the district expressed the need to be proactive in appreciating voters who responded positively to their financial need.
NFTE (Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship) announced this year’s young business winners at the 13th annual NFTE National Youth Entrepreneurship Challenge, one of which was San Leandro’s own Simone Hufana.
2017–18 English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC) Summary Report Annual Release
SAN LEANDRO, CA: The California Department of Education (CDE) has announced the annual release of the summary reports for the 2017–18 English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC). The public will access to 2017–18 ELPAC reports on the CDE DataQuest reporting website at https://dq.cde.ca.gov/dataquest/. The webpage will display the state, county, district, and school-level ELPAC reports for the 2017–18 administration.
Friday, October 12th, San Leandro Unified School District school board trustees, personnel, families and community members came together to celebrate successes from the past year at the annual State of the District address. This year, the event was reorganized as a breakfast and bus tour, in hopes of allowing a more intimate look into the school district, and to provide more of an opportunity to interact with the public.