Monday, October 15, 2018
Good Morning Broncos,
This is the BMS Morning Show for Thursday October 11, 2018
Inspirational Message: “I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.”- Martin Luther King
Bronco Motto Message: Broncos, Take Care of One Another: Be patient and polite with one another
- Cafeteria Lunch Menu: Lunch today is a chicken slugger with mashed potatoes, gravy and a roll. Lunch includes salad bar, seasonal fruit and your choice of milk.
- Magic Club: Magic Club will meet today at lunch AND after school in P1. We are starting our first tournament today so come early and get a front of the line pass at break! Come learn to play the best card game of all time and earn your FREE deck! No experience necessary. -Mr. Fox
- Bronco Award Club: The BRONCO AWARD CLUB will meet today after school in room S2 from 3:15 - 4:15. Come see what the excitement is all about! -Mr. Asper
- Yearbook: Hey Broncos! Your parents get an additional 10% off Bancroft Middle School yearbook pricing on purchases made by October 31. This sale is only available online. To reserve yours today, go to the home page of our school's website bancroftbroncos.net and click on the Yearbook link. Avoid the rush! Save some bucks! Buy yours today! Get 10% off before October 31. –Mr. Rosenberg
- Girls Soccer: If you are interested in playing girls soccer, come to room 102 for a pre-season meeting on Friday during break. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Williams in room 10.-Ms. Williams
- Performance: Do you have a talent you want to show off? Do you want practice performing your art in front of others? We are hosting an Open Mic on October 26th (Friday) at 3:30 - 4:30 in Room G4. You can Dance, Sing, Perform Music. The stage is yours to show off your skills. Sign up at the door talk to Mr. Lopes or Mr. Macias.
- Bike Mobile: Attention Bike life, have you heard that Bancroft will have a bicycle clinic this Friday from 3-6pm. This event is a free event for the first 20 students or staff members that show up. See you there after school!–Ms. Garcia
- Lunch Detention: Students, it is very important that you attend lunch detentions when they are assigned. If you miss a lunch detention, you have to serve 2 instead of 1. If you don't, you will stay for one hour after school on a Tuesday for a special class called PAS, Positive Alternative to Suspension: you and your parents will be notified about this prior to the day you must attend. Missing too many detentions or not attending PAS, can result in an in school suspension. So go to your detentions at lunch or be prepared to stay after school. -- Admin.
- Poetry in Motion: Poetry in Motion will meet in P2 starting at 3:15 today. See you there. –Ms. Sonobe
- Robotics Club: Our Robotics Club meets this Friday after school in classroom S-1 from 3:05-4:00. Members need to turn in permission forms for the Mini Maker Faire coming up in a week. If you are interested in inventing and building things, electric circuits, and computer coding, come see what we are about. For now the club will be limited to the first 20 who come and commit to coming consistently and learning. We will continue meeting every Friday after school at the same time. –Mr. Huey
- Student Study Center: Students, the Student Study Center will be open today from 3:15-4:15. 6th graders will meet in room 102 and 8th graders will meet in room 105. See you there. –The Counseling Department
- Bronco Star Drawing: Students, if you have received any bronco stars, come drop them off in the office into the treasure chest in order to win a prize tomorrow morning. We will be raffling off gift certificates for the Bronco Store. -Admin
Please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Bancroft! Go Broncos!!
📰 SLUSD Latest News
The California Department of Education (CDE) has announced the release of the California Assessment of Students Performance and Progress (CAASPP) Summary Report.
Friday, October 5th at Burrell Field marks the inaugural run for the SLHS Marching Band in their new official uniforms. “The students have been waiting for this moment for the last two years,” said band director and music teacher Jarrett Hansen, “We are so excited to share this proud moment with our community.”
A delegation of educators and business leaders from the Toyama Prefecture in Japan came to tour San Leandro Unified School District and San Leandro High School. The delegation was part of a Global Education Study Mission focused on learning about the education system and pedagogy in the United States and how local businesses can work with schools.
The news crew from ABC7 came to James Monroe Elementary to learn more about being named one of "America's Healthiest Schools" by the Alliance for a Healthier Generation. As one of only 10 schools in the Bay Area to make the list, PE teacher Lynette Watkins was understandably proud of the hard work the school has put into supporting the health and wellness of their students.
The 2018-2019 San Leandro Unified School District State of the District will be held Friday, October 12 in the Fred T. Korematsu gymnasium at San Leandro High School. This annual event has changed format this year, to become a breakfast and bus tour of several SLUSD schools.