Saturday, December 16, 2017
There is NO SCHOOL for students Friday 12/22/2017 through 1/7/2018 for Winter Break. We return Monday 1/08/2018.
Please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Bancroft!
Good Morning Broncos,
This is the BMS Morning Show for Friday, December 15, 2017
Inspirational Message: “A single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows,” St. Francis of Assisi
Bronco Motto Message: Broncos Take Care of Yourself: Make healthy food choices -- take care of your body and your mind with good nutrition.
1. Cafeteria Lunch Menu: Lunch today is bosco sticks with marina dip. Lunch includes salad bar, seasonal fruit and your choice of milk.
2. PTA Holiday Raffle: Students remember to participate in the Bancroft PTA Holiday Raffle! All ticket sales are due by Sunday. Dec. 17th! Raffle prizes will be held Dec. 18-21st, one winner will be announced each day. Winners do not need to be present to win! The top 5 raffle ticket sellers will receive a $10 gift card! All proceeds benefit our students, with an emphasis right now to support Winter Wishes!! Extra raffle forms are available in the office! – PTA
3. Clubs Meeting Today: Movie theater club will meet during lunch in room 207. Rubik’s club will meet during lunch in room 106. Clash club will meet during lunch in P4. Friends on Friday will meet during lunch in S-6. Anime club will meet after school in S-6. Robotics club will meet after school in S-1 and Earth Team meeting at lunch today in room 213, this is our last meeting in 2017! –Mr. Love
4. ART Club: Art Club Will Not Meet Today - Ms. Colt is not here today she looks forward to seeing all you spectacular artists in 2018.
5. Found Cell Phone: If you lost a cell phone on Tuesday please check the office to see if this phone is yours. - Office
6. Basketball Training Camp: Just Hoop program will have all day President’s Day Camp on February 19th and will have Total Skills Classes from January 13-March 17th. Both these classes will be held at Bancroft Middle School. For more information, stop by the office for a flyer. –Office
7. You are a Master Artist: Come enjoy the marvelous paintings on display under the main staircase. Students in the art elective chose a master artist to inspire them and created a painting. You will see that some students copied the painting close to the original while others created their own masterpiece inspired by the artist. They won't be there for long so be sure to check them out soon. Ms. Colt. Art Teacher, Room 104
8. YEARBOOK: The moment you've all been waiting for has arrived! Your 2018 Bancroft Middle School Yearbook is ON SALE NOW. You should have received an order form from your first period teacher yesterday. Please return the order form to the main office with $35 cash or check payable to Bancroft Middle School by January 12, 2018 to cherish the best moments of our school year for a lifetime. Yearbooks will sell out, so buy yours today!
Please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Bancroft! Go Broncos!!
Bronco Star Drawing Winners
For Friday 12/08/2017Each Friday we hold a drawing for Bronco Star recipients. Bronco Stars are given to students for demonstrating our motto, Take Care of Yourself, Take Care of One Another, Take Care of Bancroft. This week our Bronco Star Winners are:
- Arinza J.
- Admir K.
- Liliana S.
- Justin L.
- Isreal G.
- Lizbeth O.
- Maeve C.
- J'nai W.
- Julian P.
- Izabella H.
Congratulations, Broncos, and thanks for showing your Bronco pride!
Eat, Move, Win!
Class for Middle School Students
Barbara Lee Center for Health and Wellness
2251 Bancroft Ave (across the street from San Leandro High School)
San Leandro 510-618-4470
Anita Waldron, Health Educator
Eat, Move, Win is a six- week class that will include:
1. a healthy snack, (EAT)
2. activities including stretch, core conditioning, and correct use of exercise equipment including the BLC fitness machines (MOVE)
3.Nutrition education to include healthy eating choices, support to change unhealthy eating habits, and discussion about the culture of food/drink in the teenage world. (WIN)
2:45-4pm- October 4, 11, 18, 25 and November 1, 8
Gym shoes required
Use the link below to sign up. Class limit 20
Barbara Lee Center for Health and Wellness/Centro de Salud y Bienestar Barbara Lee
2251 Bancroft Ave (al frente de San Leandro High School)
San Leandro 510-618-4470
Anita Waldron, Educadora de Salud
Come, Muévete y Gana es una clase de seis semanas que incluirá:
1. Un refrigerio saludable, (COME)
2. Actividades que incluyen estiramiento, acondicionamiento y el
uso correcto de la maquinaria de ejercicios del BLC (MUEVETE)
3. Educación de la Nutrición que incluye opciones para alimentos saludables, ayuda con el cambio de hábitos alimenticios no saludables y charlas sobre la cultura de los alimentos y bebidas en el mundo de los adolescentes. (GANA)
(6 sesiones) 2:45-4pm- Octubre 4, 11, 18, 25 y Noviembre 1, 8
Se requiere zapatos atléticos
Utiliza el enlace a continuación para inscribirte. Limite de cupos 20
Barbara Lee Center for Health and Wellness 芭芭李健康及保健中心
2251 Bancroft Ave ( 在高中对面)
San Leandro 510-618-4470
Anita Waldron, 健康教育家
1. 健康小吃 (吃)
星期三，2:45-4pm， 10月 4, 11, 18, 25日及 11月 1, 8日
用以下連線報名. 班名額 20 人
Board of Education Declares District Campuses As Safe Zones For Families And Students Threatened By Immigration Enforcement
SAN LEANDRO, Calif., February 8, 2017 -- The San Leandro Board of Education last night passed a resolution making all campuses a safe zone for students and their families and reinforced the district’s policy mandating that all immigrant students attending San Leandro schools have equal access to an education regardless of their status or the status of their family members. The resolution was passed unanimously on Tuesday night, followed by applause from a full house of community members, educators, union representatives and students.