Welcome to Third Grade! I am excited to be your child's
teacher this year. I am looking forward to getting to know
your child, and learning how best to have him/her reach
their full academic potential. We work hard in class, but we
also have fun, too. I'm hoping your child finds the curriculum
this year to be engaging.
Part of a child's academic (and behavioral) success is the
communication that happens between the teacher and parent.
I am very responsive to emails, and I hope you are, too!
Please do not hesitate to email me with any concerns during
the school year.
My weekly newsletters will be emailed to you. Please ensure you
read these newsletters to keep up to speed on what is
happening in the classroom.
It is important that your child reads to you, or you
read to him/her (if it is a harder book), EVERY day.
We have a dedicated half hour of reading in the
classroom every day, but children need the extra
practice at home, too.
Spelling tests are taken, and graded, every Friday.
Please look for it to see how your child did.
The spelling words are inside the homework packet.
Please practice the words at home each week.
- This is my eighth year of teaching.
- I have taught both first and second grades (mainly 2nd), and now third!
- I received my teaching credential from Cal State East Bay.
- I received my B.A. from UC Berkeley (Go Bears!)
- I am Mom to two boys (ages 9 and 6).
- I love to binge watch TV shows. I also love to eat!