Prevention & Intervention Services
San Leandro Unified School District believes in providing quality services with compassion and integrity to promote academic success and wellness for students through effective and innovative prevention and intervention programs to prepare students for their college and career paths.
Each school focuses on:
- Supporting implementation of schoolwide structures that promote social emotional health and learning in conjunction with academic learning in order to educate the "whole" child
- Engaging teachers and students in creating and maintaining positive learning environments and collaborating with school staff to ensure student success
- Implementing an affirmative and comprehensive approach to preventing and addressing bullying on school campuses
- Promoting a proactive, positive approach to classroom management and school discipline
- Developing and presenting professional learning opportunities for a variety of staff, including certificated, classified, and administrative.
To learn more about what your school site has to offer students, please contact the site administrator or counselor.
Hotlines for Students and Parents
- Youth Crisis Line (24/7): (800) 843-5200
- Crisis Support Services (24/7): (800) 309-2131
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (24/7): (800) 273-8255
- Youth Line (teenagers answer calls 4-8:00 pm weekdays): (888) 977-3399
- Northern California Family Center (Runaway and Homeless): (925) 370-1900 x2
- National Domestic Violence Hotline/Child Abuse (24/7): (800) 422-4453
- National Teen Dating Abuse: (866) 331-9474
- Parental Stress (24/7): (510) 893-5444
- Bay Area Women Against Rape—Alameda Co.: (510) 845-7273
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Narcotics Hotline: 1-888-667-0854