Welcome to the John Muir P.E. Department
1. Cardiovascular Fitness: the ability of the heart, lungs and vascular system to deliver oxygen-rich blood to working muscles during sustained physical activity.
2. Muscular Strength: the amount of force a muscle or group of muscles can exert against heavy resistance
3. Muscular Endurance: the ability of a muscle or muscle group to repeat a movement many times or hold a particular position for an extended period of time
4. Flexibility: the degree to which an individual muscle will lengthen.
5. Body Composition: the amount of fat in the body compared to the amount of lean muscle mass.
We look forward to working with your students!