RESPECT • SOCIAL CHANGE • ACCEPTANCE •
SAFETY LGBTQS (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender,
questioning, straight) Alliance is a group of parents and staff
working together to promote safety, respect, and support for
LGBTQ youth, staff , families, and allies in San Leandro schools.
Past achievements include:
• the Todd Bove Memorial Family Photo Wall
• Parent Education Nights on a range of topics
• Fundraising for the PTA by taking photos during the Roosevelt
auction and donating the money back to the PTA
• Marching in San Francisco’s Gay Pride Parade with SLHS Club Rainbow,
school district officials, and the city mayor
• Family social events such as movie screenings, game nights, ice skating outings,
and summer picnics.
JOIN US! Seeking volunteers who want to make a difference. Join
us at a meeting or email email@example.com to discuss ways
to get involved.
“Every student should feel safe at school. I want to do everything I
can to help make that a reality.” —PARENT
“The family picture wall is awesome. I am proud that my parents
helped make that happen.” —STUDENT
“As an Alliance member I am making social change and modeling
being an ally to my child.” —PARENT