Ms. Kravitz Kesweder's Homepage
Welcome Pirates!Here you will find all of the information you need as a Biology student in my class. Scroll down for general info about all of my classes and a little bit about me.
Room:349 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone Ext: 2349 Current Schedule Office HoursPer 1: BiologyPer 2: BiologyPer 3: BiologyPer 4: BiologyPer 5: PrepPer 6: Biology
Mornings from 8:00 - 8:10
Tuesdays from 2:40-3:10.
Select other afternoons from 3:10-4:00 by appointment only.
Biology Class Links:
About Ms. K.I'm a science geek with a passion for education. My educational philosophy is founded on the idea that all students can succeed.Students can expect to be challenged in my classroom, but they will also be supported. Throughout the year, students in my classroom are guided to students are guided to find the study, research, and critical thinking strategies that help them best learn in multiple different dimension. A key strategy to learning how to be independent students is developing a growth mindset: the idea that failure is an expected part of learning, that we learn from our mistakes, and we get better every time we try without giving up. Students are given mulitiple opportunities to revise, revisit, fix, and otherwise try again until they have reached deep understanding of the materials.Education:
Some fun facts about me:
- M.S. in Educational Leadership, California State University, East Bay, 2016
- Credential in Science Education, California State University, East Bay 2008
- B.S. in Wildlife, Fish, and Conservation Biology, University of California, Davis 2005
- Hobbies: reading, hiking, crafts, gaming (video games, board games, pen-and-paper RPGs), dancing, and playing guitar
- Favorite Book: The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- Favorite Authors: Neil Gaiman, Sherman Alexie, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Favorite Scientists: Bill Nye and Neil deGrasse Tyson
- Favorite Science Quote: "In the end, it's the people who are curious who change the world." - Neil deGrasse Tyson