What will Measure J1 funds be used for?
Many of our school district's permanent buildings were built decades ago, with two schools celebrating their 100th anniversaries recently. As such, several are in need of repairs and renovations to meet new building standards and serve the students with a better learning environment. We also recognize the need for bringing 21st century learning into our schools in the way of technology which is a top priority.
All work will occur in three phases over the course of six years. Phase One began in Summer 2017.
• Technology upgrades for students and staff
• Improving heating/ventilation systems
• Roof and plumbing repairs
• Updates to district emergency systems
• Library renovations
Phases II & III:
• Addition of new facilities and equipment to support instruction in math, science, engineering, arts and technology
• Replacement of aging portable classrooms with modern modular buildings