- San Leandro USD
- San Leandro Unified School District
Possible Public Safety Power Shutoff Event - October 9th
Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) is alerting the public to possible planned power outages due to gusty winds and dry conditions that are increasing fire danger in our community. They will potentially be taking proactive measures on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of this week by turning off power for public safety. This is part of the utility’s new Public Safety Power Shutoff protocol. To learn more about the planned power outages visit: www.pge.com/pspsupdates.
Based on the plans from PG&E, schools in San Leandro Unified east of the 880 freeway corridor could have their power shut down. The power would be turned off not just at the schools, but also in the surrounding neighborhoods.
How to Stay Informed about Power Related Closures in SLUSD
If we learn that the power in San Leandro Unified School District will be turned off, we will:
- Send out a robocall to all students, families, and staff as soon as we are notified by PG&E on Tuesday evening, October 8 that schools will be closed for Wednesday, October 9.
- Post the closure notification on our website homepage: www.slusd.us
- Post information to our social media channels (@SLUSD_News and https://www.facebook.com/SLUSD).
- Disseminate information to school sites to share with families.
If you do not receive information from SLUSD, you can assume school is open as usual on Wednesday, October 9.
Also, each day we will send out additional messaging regarding the next day’s plans and update our website and social media sites. Unfortunately, this situation could stretch into several days if the weather patterns persist.
SLUSD has no control over these power outages but wants to ensure everyone is prepared. The health and safety of our students, staff, and families is our primary concern.
Thank you for your support.
Dr. Mike McLaughlin