Student Daily Bulletin
Student Daily Bulletin
There will be NO SCHOOL next Monday, May 29 for Memorial Day.
Patriotic Message: APA History Month Salutes Fred Korematsu
Fred Korematsu was born to a Japanese-American family that lived in San Leandro. When Japanese-Americans living in Pacific states were subject to curfews, and later sent to internment camps during World War II Korematsu refused and in 1942 was arrested and sent to a camp. The U.S. Supreme Court upheld his conviction in 1944. In 1983, Korematsu appealed his conviction and it was overturned by a federal court in San Francisco.
1. Cafeteria Lunch Menu: Lunch today is Asian boneless chicken with fluffy brown rice or a chicken patty. Lunch includes salad bar, seasonal fruit and your choice of milk.
2. Promotion Speeches: 8th graders, do you want to give a speech at Promotion? If so, write a 2-4 minute speech to address your classmates and audience at Promotion. Submit your written speech to your counselor no later than May 26 to be considered. You will recite your speech to the counselors on Tuesday, May 30. Up to 3 students will be chosen. -- Counseling Dept.
3. Yearbook: The 2017 Yearbook will be distributed to students who reserved one after school in G1. There will be two lines, one for 6th & 7th graders, and one for 8th graders. Bring your student ID. – Mr. Rosenberg
4. Library: It's almost the end of the year and all library books and materials are now due. Please return everything by Friday, May 26. Thank you for your cooperation! - Ms. Kang
5. Alameda County Soccer Club: Were you born in the years 2000-2003 and are looking for a competitive soccer team? Alameda Soccer Club is having tryouts this week for the 2017 Fall & 2018 Spring Seasons. Flyers are available in the office. – Office
6. 7th Grade Field Trip: Hello 7th Graders! Are you excited about the End of the Year field trip to the Exploratorium in San Francisco? In order to attend you must turn in your field trip form to your math teacher by May 22nd. Also keep in mind your tardies, referrals, and F letter grades can hinder you from attending the trip. - Mr. Cormier
7. Simpson’s Club: We will meet today at lunch in S6. Bring your lunch and humor! – Mr. Smothermon
8. 8th Grade Reminders: 8th Graders – if you are participating in 8th grade activities (Promotion Party; Great America etc.) please note that to be eligible, all detentions and Saturday schools must be completed by June 1, 2017. Also, remember the Promotion Requirements of no more than 2 F’s in the 3rd & 4th Quarters combined. Do your best! – Admin
Please remember to take care of yourself, take care of one another and take care of Bancroft! Go Broncos!